Gamesa Wind Turbines are wind turbines produced by Spain-based wind turbine manufacturer, Gamesa Corporacion Tecnologica. Gamesa is listed as the fourth largest wind turbine manufacturers with the total installation to date is more than 23,000 MW around the world. As one of the largest wind turbine manufacturers, Gamesa handles the design, manufacturing, and installation of wind turbines. Blades, generators, roots, moulds, towers, converters and other parts are all manufactured inside Gamesa’s factories.
Gamesa does not only focus on the development of wind turbines for onshore wind farms but this company keeps on innovating in technology and design of wind turbines for offshore wind farms as the demand on offshore wind farms keeps on increasing. To keep up with the high demand of wind turbines, Gamesa now operates more than twenty factories worldwide to produce wind turbines such as in Spain, Brazil, China, India, and US.
Facts on Gamesa Wind Turbines
- In 2010, Gamesa reduces Spain’s production capacity up to 500 MW in order to focus on the development of wind turbines for growing markets like Brazil, India and China.
- Until now, Gamesa still focuses on the development of medium to large wind turbines. However, this company has stated its interest on the development of small wind turbines as more and more homeowners consider wind turbine as a good alternative to generate power.
- In the next five years, wind turbines from Gamesa will be installed in Uruguay, Chile, Argentina and several other Latin America countries.
- To increase its global dominance in wind energy market, Gamesa now has ten research and development centers worldwide that are in Spain, China, UK, US, Singapore, Brazil and India. This company employs more than 600 employees by the end of 2011 and the company stated that the number of employees in the R&D centers will double by the end of 2013.
- Gamesa divides its wind turbines into five categories based on power output that are 4.5MW, 2.0 MW, 850 KW, 5 MW offshore, and MADE categories. The MADE AE-59 wind turbine is the smallest wind turbine produced by Gamesa. This wind turbine produces electricity up to 800 KW.
- Gamesa G10X-4.5 and Gamesa G9X-2.0 MW are the latest wind turbines from Gamesa and these wind turbines are expected to be the most competitive wind turbines in market in term of price, quality and delivery.
- All wind turbines from Gamesa are equipped with Gamesa WindNet technology. This technology enables to control and monitor each wind turbine online.
- Gamesa also equips all wind turbines with Gamesa NRS technology, a technology that can minimize noise produced by the wind turbines.
- Since 2003, Gamesa has patented more than 210 inventions on wind turbines.
- Although Gamesa wind turbines are proven to be very effective, Gamesa has stated that it is going to reduce cost of energy (CoE) up to 30% in the next five years so clients can get more benefits from the wind farms.
The demand of wind turbines is predicted to continuously increase in decades ahead. As one of the largest wind turbine manufactures and supported by ten R&D centers worldwide, Gamesa is very possible to be the leader in wind energy industry in the next few years. Gamesa Wind Turbines are one of good solutions to take the most advantage of the wind energy.