Yaris Hybrid is Toyota’s newest hybrid vehicle that was first introduced to market at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show. Currently, Toyota focuses the sale of Toyota Yaris Hybrid only in Europe market although the standard Yaris is quite successful in both Asia and Europe markets. The Yaris Hybrid is the third hybrid vehicle from Toyota and it is expected to follow the success of Prius Hybrid and Auris Hybrid.
The number of hybrid car buyers has doubled in the past two years. Car buyers are getting aware of the many benefits of a hybrid car, especially after the success of Toyota Prius Hybrid in the US market. It seems that Toyota’s massive development on hybrid car starts to gain success since recent surveys show that new car buyers who are seeking hybrid car always consider Toyota.
Being the first full hybrid vehicle from Toyota, Yaris Hybrid got massive exposure during the Geneva Motor Show. Toyota engineers have made many improvements on this car. The engineers have made the main assemblies lighter and smaller. Unlike the Prius where the battery pack is placed at the back of the car, the petrol tank and battery pack of Yaris are placed underneath the rear seats so this car can have the same occupant and luggage space as the standard Yaris model.
Benefits of Yaris Hybrid
- This hybrid car can have zero emissions driving. Toyota has found out that most commuting journeys with hybrid cars use electric motor instead of gasoline engine so zero emission can be achieved.
- This hybrid car is considered as a car with the lowest CO2 emission. The CO2 emission of this car has been confirmed at 79 g/km.
- In the UK, the price of Yaris Hybrid starts from £14,000 that makes it the most affordable hybrid car in the UK.
- Yaris comes with a full hybrid powertrain that makes it a fuel efficient car with 80.7 mpg. The good thing is that although it is a fuel efficient car, it still has the same features with the standard model such as automatic transmission and air conditioning system.
- Due to Yaris’ low CO2 emission, UK car buyers can get free road tax and exempt from London congestion charge.
- Besides the low CO2 emission, the roof of Yaris HSD edition is equipped with solar panel to power the air conditioning system so fuel consumption can be reduced. In this way, Toyota claims that the Yaris Hybrid is more environmentally friendly.
For the US market, perhaps there are many people questioning why Toyota does not sell Yaris Hybrid to the US market. Although Toyota does not officially explain why it does not sell Yaris to the US market, many auto experts predict that with the presence of Yaris in the US market, it can lower the sale of Prius C. However, for US car buyers who really want to buy this car, there is still a possibility to import the car to the US.
Hybrid car indeed offers many benefits such as cost and environmental benefits. Be a smart buyer when you buy a new car in the future by considering purchasing a hybrid car. With the many benefits of Yaris explained above, Toyota Yaris Hybrid can be an excellent option to be your next car.